3.18.2013

READ:  Luke 12:2-3

THINK: It's quite possible that when I was a kid I was the biggest fan of Lego in the known known world. I savored each set I got, waited eagerly for the newest Lego magazine each month, and kept  every single one of my creations proudly up on my wall. I remember back then that, more than anything,  I wanted the Lego Death Star more than life itself. My parents of course wouldn't buy it for me because it cost and arm and a leg and then some. So one night I got the bright idea to sneak into my parents' bedroom, take my mom's credit card, and write up the mail-in form myself. Being the 10 year old that I was, I didn't see a problem with forging my mom's signature and send off the form to Lego. Well, you can probably guess how that turned out... a week later my mom got a returned order form with a squiggly, 10- year old version of her name on it. I thought I could hide what I was doing in secret, but what I did got put out in the open. Here's where my silly little story of childish deviousness relates to the media fast. It's pretty easy to slack off when your at home. Turn on the Mentalist, play some Clash of the Clans when you're alone, no one's gonna know right? Before you take the easy way out, think about my cheesy Lego fiasco and what Biblical doctor Luke says:

"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs." - Luke 12:2-3

DO: What is something you think you are getting away with? Maybe it's time to come clean and give it over to God... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment