3.14.2013


READ: Ephesians 5:31-32

THINK:
This is crazy. So we're like the bride of Christ, right? He's like our husband. So according to the text, that means that man (Jesus) leaves his father (God) to be with his bride. That's the church. Now honestly, there aren't too many things that would make me leave the best thing in the universe (read: eternal splendor with God!) for a bunch of lousy humans. We're all so messed up in our hearts and in our heads. But Jesus did that very thing. I guess that's what makes Christ's sacrifice so amazing, that He finds his bride to be beautiful. 

DO:
Girls dream about weddings and our future husbands all the time, so I think it's really cool to imagine Christ as a groom, but I imagine it might be awkward for guys to think about it that way; I have no idea. But if we all truly want a relationship with the groom, we have to know things about Him. Instead of JUST bringing your requests and praises to God in prayer, I think it would be way cool if we could all try listening to what He's saying, too. Use the time that you're not spending on media to get to know Him more and to hear Him speak. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment