Nutritional Supplements For 30 Day Media Fast

READ: Psalm 119:1-8  (Actually Ps. 119:1-176)
THINK:  What a great goal to go without something for thirty days!  A Media Fast!  Great idea and a great goal!  But let me give you a little hint: "When you go without something that you really like, you DESIRE IT EVEN MORE!"  UNLESS...???  Quite a few years ago in my High School days I would lose weight for wrestling.  Every week I had to lose between 10 -15 pounds to make the weight I was wrestling.  So I would go without food -- no hamburgers, no French fries, no fried chicken, no Pepsi, no cake, no mash potatoes, no desserts, no hotdogs, no pizza.  I wouldn't even chew gum (unless I would be sure to spit all the juice out) for fear I would swallow abd gain weight.  Ewww! GROSS!  Then it would be time to "weigh-in" for my weight class -- usually an hour or so before I was to wrestle.  And when I made weight, then I would go eat...ummm. NO!  I WOULD GORGE MYSELF EATING!  I needed to eat.
OKAY!  So here is my point.  You've made a commitment to go without secular media.  Good!  Are you plans to go back to the world's influences in its media attack?  Don't do it. Supplement what the world wants you to engorge in with a steady diet of God's Word, now.  Psalm 119 is a fantastic chapter all about the blessings and benefits of God's Word.  Yea, I know it is sooo long!  One hundred and seventy-six verses long -- 5 whole pages of Bible reading!  Ok, I know, but....you got time now. Don't you.  You're not listening to your tunes anyway.
DO: I found that when I read and then the next day read Psalm 119 again, and then the next day read it again....I began to get charged with a greater desire for God's Word.  I discovered God really showing me His Word and really dealing with who I was and with what He wants me to do.  Take the time....read Psalm 119.  BTW! Every verse (almost) is power-packed with a dramatic truth about God's Word, the Bible.  Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment