Dangerous Wonder

READ: John 10:10

THINK: A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. We battle a thief every day. A thief wants to take what you have, with no regard as to how it will affect you or anyone else. I had a thief break into my car once and steal my ping pong paddle and sun glasses. Both were valuable to me. My sunglasses were kind of expensive. My ping pong paddle was a special one I had paid for and made, just for me. Both were replaceable... but I was still mad. Those were mine!

Satan (who Jesus is referring to in this passage) is a thief. He would love nothing better than to steal your hope, kill your witness, and destroy your reputation. He doesn't want you to have hope. He wants you depressed. He doesn't want you to be a witness of Jesus. He wants you to be like everyone else and ignore what God is doing in your life so that you don't share it. He doesn't want people to be a Christian... he wants them to avoid and distrust Christians.

But Jesus came to give us life... and give it to us abundantly. An abundant life is not a boring life. Some people think being a Christian is dull. But think about it... if God is holy... if God is faithful... and if you cannot see God, then putting your trust in Him is kinda crazy. Following His expectations of us is strange. It doesn't always make sense. But that's what faith is all about.

DO: I read this book called, Dangerous Wonder by Mike Yaconelli. It's one of my favorites. And in it, he talks about faith. He basically challenges us to have a child-like faith and trust that Jesus has an abundant life planned for us... we just have to trust Him. What is an area of your life that you are having a hard time trusting Jesus with? 

Today, connect with an adult who loves you and ask them to pray for you with this one area of trust. It may feel weird. It might be dangerous... but I wonder how God will change you when you trust Him and those He has put in your life to pray for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment