3.7.2013

1 week down.... 3 more to go.

Sounds like a long time, doesn't it? 

Well let's start making some headway on some of those goals you had:

  • "I want to spend more time with God."
  • "I need to clean my room."
  • "I want to grow in my relationship with God."
  • "I want to contact my sponsors."
  • "I want to take my youth pastor to lunch."
I don't know what your plans were doing the fast, but I do think it's wise to make a plan... so if you haven't, take 10 minutes today to write down 3-5 things you want to accomplish this month. Remember in 2 Corinthians 6:12, Paul says, "You are not restricted by us, you are restricted by your own afflictions." What are some things that are keeping you (restricting you) from growing in your relationship with God? It's not that you don't have the opportunity. No one is trying to keep you from growing closer to God. In fact, you have every opportunity and a lot of support to grow... so it must be something that you restrict yourself by.

Today, before you make your list, read Philippians 3:7-10

Then write down 3-5 things you want to accomplish this month that, as you look at it, it is restricting your walk with God and you want to count it as worthless... because you want something more: a closer walk with God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment