Day 2

From Dave

READ: 1John 2:15-17

RELATE: As a kid growing up in Redding, CA, my friends and I hoped for our “dream truck.”  You see, in Redding, if you don’t have a truck, then you’re not cool.  Oh, and the taller the truck, the cooler you are…….. or so we thought.  In high school my Dad helped me get a little Nissan Sentra.  It was a good reliable ride……. but it wasn’t big.  So I convinced my dad that the car was falling apart so he helped me sell it and I then bought a Ford Bronco.  From that point on my goal was to dump as much money as I could into my rig which would include a lift kit, big tires, and an amazing stereo.  I don’t want to say that I didn’t struggle with media when I was a teen, it’s just that my main focus was on this truck.  Not only did I waste a ridiculous amount of money on that truck, I wasted time that could have been better spent in countless ways. 

RESPOND: Today, let’s try to set aside the things that are “in the world” and try to focus on the things that are edifying to God.  Let’s give up more than media today.  Throughout your day, ask yourself, “What’s my focus on today?  Is it in the world, or is it in the Father who lives forever?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment